Thursday, October 15, 2009

Our Journey from Toronto to New York: A CHRI Story

by: Maryam Ny

Introduction to story

When I first started to work with CHRI as the media liaison, I didn’t know what to expect. I didn’t know any of the members from before. They were all new to me. As I began to work with them, I quickly became impressed, and by the end of the trip, I couldn’t ignore everyone’s discernible benevolence and strength. After spending six days with the CHRI team, I knew I had to write a story of the trip. Traveling with the cyclists is a story that is interesting; mainly because the experience allowed all of us to learn more about each other as advocates for human rights. The experience was unique, and most importantly, it was genuine—just like every member.

********************

The story of the CHRI team begins in Toronto.

It was the 19th of September and we were preparing for a carefully-planned cycling journey that began at University of Toronto and finished in New York City.

[Continue...]


No comments:

 
[Valid RSS]