>Follow us on twitter
>Join us on Facebook for more videos , news and views
We condemn prison and lash verdicts against the detainees whom were arrested at the beginning of May 2009 (during workers-day demonstration) in Sanandaj. Three of the arrested protesters of workers-day were sentenced to 6 months in prison and 40 lashes.
- Three arrested workers during the workers-day demonstration; Faaegh Kaikhosravi (member of free workers union),Shiva SobhaniandMansoor Karimianwere sentenced to 6 month in prison and 40 lashes by the branch 105th of Sanandaj’s court.
We condemn prison and lashes verdicts against the detainees whom were arrested at the Mayday 2009 (during workers-day demonstration) in Sanandaj. The possibility of changes in this verdict to 3 years is prison is to put pressure on works to be quit and bare the unfair situation which exists within the workers –class life today.
The free worker union of Iran, consider the demonstration of workers-day demonstration as a basic right of workers and asks all the workers, unions and worker groups in Iran and globe to protest against this verdict to be null, and to ask for unconditional release of Faaegh Kaikhosravi, Shiva Sobhani and Mansoor Karimian and to stop prohibiting and limiting the first of May demonstrations.
- Summon of Two Worker Activists of Haft-Tappe Neishekar
- 24 People died in Tehran due to Starvation
- Members of News-Reporters Committee met with Alireza Davood’s Parents
He has to be on bed-rest at the hospital and had a good recovery. However, on Mordad 7th, Alireza’s aunt gets notified by the hospital authorities that Alireza had a heart-attack and they need his father to transfer him to a different hospital. By the time the family gets to the hospital, Alireza has passed a way. The family has hired a lawyer and is still in research to find the cause of death.
- Boroujerdi: The food served for the prisoners of section 209 is the same as a Minister’s food!
- Saffar: Saeed Hajjarian and Behzad Nabavi’s Case Related to Rajaiee’s Terror is not Closed yet
- Ahmadi Nejad: Western Sovereignty with Unreal news can Display the best Human Characters as hermit and corrupted
- Ahmadi Nejad: TV and Radio must promote the States Politics
He added that with little news you can make a huge deal out of a small issue which can end up as a national matter.
Ahmadi Nejad continued; media has a heavy responsibly in Islamic Republic of Iran and by pointing to the necessity of honesty, bravery, loving the other human beings said: Radio and TV as a media are responsible to promote the State’s politics.
- A senior member of Sentry Army: Islamic Republic is Insured for at Least another 20 Year
- Announcement Published on Hashemi’s Site in regard to Elimination of this Friday Prayer’s Imamate
- Authorization of Murder, Death, and Lies
This evening they got slapped again, so hard and heavy that you could hear the reflection all over Tehran’s alley’s and streets.
I was at Vanak, so crowded that it took me 30 minute to pass a distance which normally takes me about 5 minute, due to heavy traffic. Plain cloths are everywhere and some of them are gathered by the Day Hospital. The same crowed of people, mid-age women more than mid-age men, and young boys and girls. Fight and escape at Vali Asr Street towards the Abbas Abad. I’ve also heard that people were gathered at Azadi Sqr. Usually when a certain place is not announced to protest at, people gather in different part of the city and continue with their protests.
13 detainees form Kianoosh Aasa’s 40th day mourning has been released. This group of detainees which amongst them are family members and friends of Kianoosh were released on bail yesterday Mordad 17th. However, some of the other arrested people at the 40th mourning are still in prison. According to reports majority of them are university students from Tehran and Sanandaj whom traveled to Kermanshah to attend Kinaoosh’s 40th mourning.
- Police Chief Responsible for Murders at Kahrizak Detention Center
Iran has put around 110 people in the dock over the protests unleashed since the re-election of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in June, including a French woman lecturer and two local employees of the British and French embassies.
Western governments have branded the court proceedings “show trials.”
Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Hassan Ghashghavi described the criticism as “illegal and surprising,” and said statements by the embassy employees in court smacked of foreign meddling...Continue
Mr Karroubi wrote that both male and female detainees had been raped, with some suffering serious injuries.
He asked Mr Rafsanjani to consult the Supreme Leader about the allegations.
About 200 people arrested during the mass protests sparked by June’s disputed election, which saw President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad re-elected by a wide margin, are still being detained...Continue
"He (Sarkozy) has increased his efforts with all those who can exert influence with the view to a rapid resolution and her liberation," an advisor said. "It is his top priority in this affair."...Continue